Law Library Update
CLE seminars are available free of charge to all MCBA members through the Clerk of Court Office - Official Records Division at the Martin County Courthouse (1st Floor). Non-members may rent them for a fee. If you have new seminar suggestions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The Law library has relocated to the first floor reference area of the main branch of our Martin County library system, The Blake Library at 2351 SE Monterey Road in Stuart, with expanded hours of access to library patrons. Legal research assistance will continue to be offered Monday through Thursday (Noon to 4:00 p.m.); Blake Library hours are Monday – Thursday (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.) with all other days open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. except for Sunday (closed).
Current CLE Seminars Available Include the Following:
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting – April 19, 2019. Valid through 10/31/2020. Topic: Cyber Security Trends of 2019 and How to Protect Yourself. Credits: 1.0 General; 1.0 Technology CLE Credits.
- 2019 Family Law Section Legislative Update. Valid through 11/9/2020. Credits: 2.0 General; Certification Hours: 2.0 Marital & Family Law.
- 2019 Survey of Florida Law. Valid through 11/30/2020. Credits: 14.5 General / 4.0 Ethics, 1.0 Substance Abuse / 1.0 Technology; Maximum Certification Hours: 5.0 Hours. 5.0 Business Litigation, 1.0 City, County and Local Government Law, 4.0 Civil Trial, 1.0 Immigration and Nationality Law, 1.0 Juvenile Law, 2.0 Labor and Employment Law, 1.0 Marital and Family Law, 1.0 Real Estate Law, 1.0 State/Federal Government & Admin Pract. 1.0 Tax Law, 1.0 Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Florida Law Update 2019; Valid through 12/31/2020. Credits: 8.0 General, Certification Hours: 2.0 Business Litigation, 1.0 Criminal Appellate, 1.0 Criminal Trial, 1.0 Elder Law, 1.0 Juvenile Law, 1.0 Labor & Employment, 1.0 Marital & Family Law, 1.0 Real Estate, 1.0 Wills, Trusts & Estates.
- 39th Annual Legislative & Case Law Update 2019: Valid through 1/31/2021. Credits: 98.0 General, 2.0 Ethics; Certification Hours: 8.0 Condo & Planned Develpement, 8.0 Real Estate, 8.0 Tax, 8.0 Wills Trusts 7 Estates.
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting - August 16, 2019. Valid through 2/28/2021. Topic: State of the The Florida Bar. Credits: 1.0 General CLE Credit and 1.0 Technology CLE Credit.
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting - September 20, 2019. Valid through 3/31/2021. Topic: Election Legislative Updates and Martin County Youth in Government Program. Credits: 1.0 General
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting – October 18, 2019. Valid through 4/30/2021. Topic: Overview of the Public Defender and State Attorney Offices, Credits: 2.0 General, 2.0 Technology
- Parenting Plans from Start to Finish. Valid through 8/21/2021. Credits: Marital and Family Law 7.5 hours; Professional Responsibility 1.0 credit hour; Ethics 1.0 credit hour; Technology 1.0 credit hour.
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting - February 21, 2020. Valid through 8/31/2021. Topic: Diversity and Juvenile Justice; Credits: 2.0 General, 2.0 Bias Elimination; Certification Credits: 2.0 Juvenile Law
- MCBA Monthly Lunch Meeting (Virtual) - August 21, 2020. Valid through 1/31/2022. Speaker: FL Supreme Court Justice Jorge Labarga. Topic: The Role of the Judicial Branch during time of societal division. Credits: 1.0 General
- 2020 Survey of Florida Law - Valid through 11/30/2021. Credits: 13.5 General; 3.0 Ethics; 2.0 Mental Illness; 1.0 Professionalism; 3.0 Technology. Certification Credits: 1.0 City, County and Local Government; 1.0 Civil Trial; 1.0 Condominium and Planned Development Law; 2.0 Elder Law; 1.0 Labor and Employment Law; 1.5 Marital and Family Law; 1.0 Real Estate; 1.0 State/Fed Govt & Admin Practice; 1.0 Tax Law; 4.0 Wills, Trusts & Estates.
Thank you for your interest in the Martin County Bar Association’s collection of CLE Seminars. The following information is provided to assist with the procedure for use of these materials by members of the legal community. The materials are located in the office of the Martin County Clerk and Comptroller, Official Records Division, 100 SE Ocean Blvd., 1st Floor. Office hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you have any specific questions regarding these instructions, please contact the Official Records Division at 772-288-5553.
CLE CD Circulation Information
Item Limit: Patrons are limited to checking out one (1) compact disk (CD) at any one time. Patrons that are not a member of the Martin County Bar Association, must pay a deposit fee of $250 (fully refundable upon return) and a rental fee of $25. All fees are due and payable at time of checkout. Please issue separate checks payable to the Martin County Bar Association or cash. Non-members must provide a copy of their driver license with their check. “New Issue” items will be available for use by Martin County Bar Association Members only for one month from release date.
Due Date: The loan period for CLE CD’s is two weeks per course.
Renewals: Items must be returned on time. Patrons may not renew materials for consecutive periods. Items can be re-let to the same borrower one full week after the initial return date, providing there are no reserve requests attached to the materials. Late returns are subject to a $5 per day fine.
Hold-Reserve: Patrons can reserve materials as follows:
- By Phone at 772-288-5553
- In person at the Martin County Clerk of the Court & Comptroller, Official Records Division, 100 SE Ocean Blvd, 1st Floor, Stuart, FL 34994
- By email to CLE@MartinClerk.com. Please include the exact title of the CLE Course to be reserved. A confirming email will be sent within one business day. In addition, an email will be sent when the requested item is available for pickup.
Return Materials: Effective June 6, 2016, all materials must be returned to the Martin County Clerk of Court & Comptroller, Official Records Division, 100 SE Ocean Blvd., 1st Floor, Stuart, FL 34994. Please DO NOT return to the Martin County Library System.
Fines and Fees: Overdue fines are charged for materials returned after the due date and apply to both members and non-members. Overdue items will cost $5.00 per item per day. No fines are charged for holiday closings or days the Martin County Courthouse is closed. Patrons are responsible for the full replacement cost of lost, damaged, or never returned materials. Patrons will be notified when items are 3 days overdue.